Us at the "Gut"

Us at the "Gut"

Monday, August 2, 2010

August 2nd 2010

 Well bug season is over, and we have been up to the property twice since my last post. Both times just to relax and enjoy the place (as long as the bugs let us stay lol). We also have the property next to ours for sale $59000.00 if your interested, which is WAYYYYYYYYYYY more than we paid.
 I am please to report that Patty stayed her first night alone up there since my last post. She took the dogs and went up and enjoyed the land, some fishing and mostly sleeping I think lol... Proud of her that she did it!!!!

On to the cabin... Yesterday Patty and I went up to the property for the afternoon really just to relax and look at the survey stakes for the lot next to us. Its nice to know where one of our boundaries are, and free as well!!! Cant beat that... This got me in cabin mode, no bugs, nice breeze... Ok right back to the cabin, so I returned today with hopes of getting the porch roof on...

Here is what will be my posts. They are cedar recovered from that barn tear down we went to in the spring. I cut them to notch the 2x4 in, and cut them to length:




























I then started to add the rafters, which are old cedar 2x4's reclaimed from a womans house who was moving. I cut these at home with a 6 degree cut on either end and 90' long:






























I then added some branches (which are from trees we fell in clearing the lot) as supports and braces. In some cases these may change, but you get the idea:











































I almost ran into this guy, knew Patty would like to see it so here are some stots:





























I thought that I had sheets of plywood up there, but I just had some pieces. So I took the time to put them up for the time being until I can get full sheets up there:














It was a great day all and all, the porch roof is nearly done and I managed to tire 2 dogs and myself lol... Hope to get back up there this weekend and finish the porch and maybe another deck??? or a window??? or finish some siding??? oh the list is endless.... and I love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment