Us at the "Gut"

Us at the "Gut"

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Oct 16th and 17th 2009

After searching the internet and finding this site http://countryplans.com/, we have been in tiny cabin mode lol... We have decided on a 10X10 cabin with loft for our first stab at this. The dream gets bigger, but no need to share that now.
I have been using kijiji and other resources to "gather" my supplies over the summer. The pile was getting quite large so I thought it was time to start the cabin.
I loaded up some stuff and headed up to the property in hopes to get a good start. I think that I did :)...


Patty and I returned on the 17th to get the walls started and up. The floor is 16" centers and the walls will be 24" centers. All the wood that you see so far as been reclaimed from other projects. The floor was from a deck that we disassembled and the wall 2x4's were in a free pile on the side of the road...

We left will all 4 walls standing and supported. A great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment