Us at the "Gut"

Us at the "Gut"

Monday, March 22, 2010

March 19th - 20th 2010

Since we had not been up to the cabin since the beginning of January, Patty and I decided to go up for a night and enjoy this early spring we have been having. We didn't bring anything to work on, this was just a relaxing visit. I made a sign for the cabin over the winter, here is Patty with it:















The cabin stood up well since the last visit. Both Patty and I really like the way the the wood has weathered on the places that we have removed the bark on the outside.


Settling in to the "relax" mode I felt that there was a need for a quick refrigerator... This picture says it all:

Once I had accomplished the fridge building it was time to sit and enjoy the fruits of my labor :)


As was Saloman:
Given the relax mode, Patty also settled in for some R&R:

I took the dogs and we went for a walk looking for Moose and Deer antlers from shedding. Less than a 100 feet from the cabin the dogs and I scared a deer, which I think out of all of us Saloman was the most surprised. We didn't have any luck finding any this time, but we did find some really interesting "nature creations".

The night was great. Patty and I had dinner outside and sat out until about 7pm. One note that surprised me was that there were mosquito's already!!!! Not many, but I think we both got our first kills in for the season. We lit the fire and settled in for some movies. After the first movie we has the window open, both of us down to t-shirts and the inside temperature was 35C... Hot to say the least. We both slept well and awoke to a cool cabin, but that was quickly remedied by lighting the fire again. We tidied up, made some coffee and decided that we would go and look for more antlers this morning before we headed home. Again no antlers, but found some more amazing nature creations:

We had a great time and I think we are both excited to get back again and start some work on the cabin again. I took measurements for the front porch, the loft and the kitchen cabinets. Until next time!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment