Us at the "Gut"

Us at the "Gut"

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

March 29th 2010 - Cabinet #2

Well after some discussion with Patty and some wood digging, we decided to make another cabinet to the one that I already made. This one will be 6 feet tall by 2 feet wide and is mostly made up of reused or recycled materials. I didnt how ever have any wood for the main supports so a visit to the lumber yard was in order, $8 later I had what I needed (sorry uncle Mike I had to spend some money :)). This cabinet will sit between the fireplace and the wash stand, you can nver have too many shelves in a 10x10 cabin I figure. The cabinet is not quite complete, but here is an update as to where it stands this morning.
Saturday I cut, planed and rough sanded the shelves:






























Here are the materials ready to be assembled. They are all sanded to finish and at this point I am getting ready to pre-drill the holes for assembly. Ikea has nothing on me lol...


















Getting set up to pre-drill the screw holes:



















Adding the supports:



















Its coming together now!!!
















































I have a few more pieces of the pine to cut and attach, then its light sanding and start to varnish it. The last picture is just to give an idea of what they will look like together.

I also was able to get a new door that will swing the opposite way... Its a wooden door, but we think its worth it to have it swing the other way. Its a bit dirty, but it should work out fine with some new paint...














Until the next post.... Cheers!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment