Us at the "Gut"

Us at the "Gut"

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

April 10th and 11th

Well it was a fantasic weekend, so we packed up and went to the cabin to get some more work done on the loft. I had some great helpers for this trip.... Brett, Dallas and Faith came along to help me as well as pick out their locations for their own cabins!!! We managed to get the loft floor completed as well as move the bed up to the loft (thanks Bud!)... The inside is so much bigger with out the bed on the main level. Really starting to come along now!




























































All three kids did pick out locations for their cabins... Brett and I started on his, here is the floor started:

















I went alone and was determined to start the porch... I had to be creative around the rock by the front door, but in gerneral I am really happy with the progress and the look of the porch so far. I had to use lumber I had available, which in most cases was 2x4's (would have liked 2x6's but beggers cant be choosers) :) The porch floor will support the roof above, which I will be using cut down trees from the lot clearing as my posts. Should look great when I am done (fingers crossed).































I the end I was short 3 boards (which I have at home) and need to pick up some joist hangers for the 2x4's just to make it that much more secure. Its coming along!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment